2015 GH Steelheaders Member WEEKLONG + Contest
The Grand Haven Steelheaders are holding a weeklong fishing contest. This is a separate contest from the on-going Year Long Contest. Fish entered in the Week Long + Contest can also be entered in the Year Long Contest as long as the individual is registered in the Year Long Contest and follows rules set for the Year Long Contest.
Contest begins: Friday, August 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Contest ends: Thursday, August 13 - fish must be weighed in by 5 p.m. at one of the weigh-in locations
- The contest is open to members of the Grand Haven Steelheaders, their family members and friends
- The registered boat must be owned by a member of the GH Steelheaders
- 5 species eligible: Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Steelhead, Brown Trout and Lake Trout.
- Fish as often as you can out of the port of Grand Haven and weigh as many fish as you wish.
- The combined weight of the three largest fish will determine the winning boat prize
- A prize will also be awarded for the biggest fish
- Submit your weight slips (no fish) at the Chapter picnic at Rycenga Park on Thursday, August 14.
- Picnic begins at 6 p.m. Join your fellow Steelheader members for a great evening and food.
Registration fee: $25.00 per boat (registration fee covers those fishing on the boat)
Individuals fishing on the registered boat do not need to be members of the GH Steelheaders
Prizes: All proceeds will be awarded.
1st place: 2/3 of the total of registration fees or $150 if the amount would be $100 or less.
2nd place: $100
3rd place: $50
Big Fish: prize will be 1/3 of the total of registration fees collected
Fish On Bait and Tackle
Lakeview Marine and Tackle
Evenings: Nelson/Chris Nienhuis....call ahead: Home: 616-846-0863 Cell: 616-638-3684
Weigh slips - the weigh slips for the Year Long contest can be used for the Week Long + contest. Indicate "Week Long" on the weigh slip.
Click here for Registration Form
Paul Zelenka, Jr. captained the Betty Lou to victory in the 2013 Grand Haven Steelheaders Weeklong Tourney. Paul's three fish total weighed 63 pounds, 8 ounces. Paul received a cash award of $135 and will be awarded the Weeklong travelling trophy at the Christmas party in December. Happy Pappy captained by Nelson Nienhuis finished second and Ole Timer, captained by Martin Parrott finished third. Less than three pounds separated the three top finishers. Ken Kuzma weighed in the biggest fish for the week with a Chinook weighing 27 pounds, 11 ounces. Ken received a check for $65 and also won a pair of Church TX44 planer boards in the captain's raffle. Watch your newsletter for info on next year's Weeklong and join the fun.